REI Tools & Recommendations Below
Welcome to the PHX Wholesale Properties Resources section, a curated list of the tools we strongly recommend for building and scaling your real estate investing business.
We have tested almost every recommendation on this page. Many of the resources listed here are crucial to running our business (or were crucial to developing our business to where it is today).
Real Estate Investor Websites
I can’t recommend Carrot websites enough! I’ve had my motivated seller and cash buyer websites with them for the last few years, and not only are the sites juiced with the best real estate keywords to instantly help you with search engine optimization (SEO), but the Carrot team is awesome, and their support is on another level. I recommend landlords create a website with them where you could list your rentals. Trevor and his team get my highest endorsement, and the product is fantastic. Plus websites are extremely affordable, and fully customizable if you want.
is a great out of the box CRM solution for any level real estate investor, and since recently being acquired, the new team at FreedomSoft has added some awesome features and really improved the overall product. I highly recommend FreedomSoft, and you can test drive it with a Free 14 day trial here. They have great customer support, and this CRM will quickly become a must-have in your real estate business.
Skip Trace Services
If you want to maximize your direct mailing efforts, and close more deals, you definitely want to skip trace all returned mail. Here are some good skip tracing services:
We’ve been using Aweber for some time, and really like their email delivery service. We primarily use Aweber to blast out our wholesale deals, and the service has paid itself many times over. I’ve tested other providers, and Aweber gets the vote for my money. Check them out here.
CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
FreedomSoft is a great out of the box CRM solution for any level real estate investor, and since recently being acquired, the new team at FreedomSoft has added some awesome features and really improved the overall product. I highly recommend FreedomSoft, and you can test drive it with a Free 14 day trial here. They have great customer support, and this CRM will quickly become a must-have in your real estate business.
Another option is Podio.com. There are a lot of benefits with Podio, including being able to fully customize it to meet your business needs. The downside to Podio is that it does require head customization, plus the integration of 3rd part tools like GlobiFlow.com to automate the workflows, but once you get it to your liking, it’s a solid CRM.
Live Answering & 24-Hour Recording Services
I have tested various live answering services, and Pat Live seems to be the best of the bunch. They specialize in working with Real Estate Investors, and that is a big advantage when processing your leads. Just send them your script or webform link, and they’ll process your leads 24/7.
If you decide not to take calls live, or use a live answering service like PatLive, then I recommend you use Call Rail.
- Boomerang for Gmail: I’m not sure what I would do without this tool. It is super cheap, and the value and benefits far outweigh the $3-5 a month it costs. Boomerang for Gmail lets you take control of when you send and receive email messages. It will also “boomerang” emails to you on a certain day and time that you choose. It’s an awesome tool!
- Evernote: Store all of your notes, thoughts, journals, ideas, tips, tricks, etc. in Evernote. Super easy to share and collaborate with people (in real-time).
- ScheduleOnce: No more back and forth with emails and text messages to try and coordinate a day and time to speak (or meet). Set your calendar in ScheduleOnce, and send your link out (or embed on your website).
- XMind: This is my favorite Mind Mapping Software.
Here is a quick list of my favorite apps:
- Headspace: Great app for meditation 10 minutes a day. Love it!
- HomeSnap: Find a house you like, whip out HomeSnap, take a pic, and it gives you the details.
- JotNot Pro: Best app I’ve found for scanning and emailing documents.
- DocuSign and HelloSign are great for signing and sending docs.
- Slack is a team communication tool, so if you use Slack, download this app.
- Dropbox: One of the easiest ways to send and receive files ( especially large files)
- Whats App: In a nut shell, WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobil messaging app with allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.
- Voxer: Think walkie-talkie (but on your iPhone).
- Evernote: Store all of your notes, thoughts, journals, ideas, tips, tricks, etc. Super easy to share and collaborate with people (in real-time).
- Google Drive: Access all of your documents, anywhere you are, anytime you want.
- Podio: Manage and review all your leads when you’re out and about. You can also communicate with your team and see all activity.
- Every Dollar: Free budgeting tool (see below)